Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Moving dilemas

We are going to be moving in a few months. In order to "prepare" my son for the change I have been talking a lot about moving, the fun of making new friends, getting a new room, and (because this is super important to a 4 year old) finding new parks.

We currently live in the desert and even though my son was born somewhere else, this is all he knows. We will be moving to North Carolina where the air is sticky and everything is green and beautiful. One thing that came up in our moving conversations is our yard, what we have now (rocks) and what we will have (grass). Micah is not really a big fan of grass. When I said that our yard would not have rocks he looked sad at first. Then he perked up and said that we would have to bring a lot of our rocks with us. The immediately stirred up images of our brand new mini van loaded down with dusty quarter inch rock and I was about to say "absolutely not" when my son went on with his plan. "We need to get a zip top bag, the big one mom (this means 1 gallon), fill it with rocks, and put it in my backpack to bring with us." I smiled at this and said "absolutely." We are now both happy. My son gets to take "his rocks" to NC and I get to see him happy and keep my mini van clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment